“We will be the very best foodservice distributor by being innovative and responsive to the interest and continued success of our customers, which in turn will provide for the success of our co-workers, suppliers and community”
-Respect -Trust -Loyalty -Integrity
The primary responsibility of this role is:
- To improve Bidfood’s market Share and sales within a defined area.
- Maintain and manage all service aspects in your sales area to ensure your customers receive a high level of customer service.
· Sales Manager, General Manager, Sales Team, Customer Service Representatives, Purchasing Staff, Accounts Receivable, Despatch and Delivery Staff.
- 100% Compliance with Food Safety requirements as per company Food safety plan
- 100% Compliance with Health & Safety requirements as per legislative and company Health and Safety procedures and policies
- Achievement of sales budget and Gross Profit target as set by your manager
- % Rate of growth of sales to existing customers, including all categories
- Retention ability of existing customer base and business
- Lev el of expansion in the presence of Bidfood within your territory.
- Contribution to achievement of goals within overall operations group and company
- To maintain a programme of regular customer visits
- To ensure market prices are communicated to customers
- To check and maintain GP% within company set budgets
- Ensure effective and efficient communication with all customers at all times and that all matter are followed up on and closed in a timely manner
- To regularly update new product information to customers
- To assist with the collection of accounts receivable when required
- Assist with branch stock takes as and when directed by your manager
- Be available for training courses, sales conferences and hospitality shows which may be held over weekends
- Attend fortnightly sales meetings
- Become familiar with all Bidfood systems and processes, particularly regarding establishing new accounts, procurement, invoicing and deliveries, including relevant IT packages
- Complete all reporting and analysis as required, including territory reviews, sale reports and call cycles
- Consistently research the marketplace for new opportunities, stay current with competitor performance within the market by calling on existing and prospective customers
- Provide regular feedback to the Management team to ensure continuous development in improving and enhancing the team to achieve company growth objectives
- Answering customer emergency calls outside of normal working hours and communicate/help provide solutions to prevent on-going after-hours calls
· Behave and dress in a professional manner
· Take appropriate care of company tools of trade
· Assist other departments with any duties within your capability as directed by your manager
· As per your Employment Agreement, ensure that you maintain the highest levels of food safety by ensuring that all frozen and chilled goods are placed in cold storage as a priority. All stock must be stored up off the floor
· Observe Company policies on personal hygiene, wounds and infectious illnesses
· Adhere to Health and Safety rules outlined in your Employment Agreement.
· Under the Health and Safety in Employment Act 2015, you are obliged to take all practical steps to ensure your own safety at work and to ensure the safety of all other persons in the workplace.
· Ensure that the Compliance Manager is advised of any new accidents, incidents or hazards identified immediately. Report any health and safety concerns to the Compliance.