Bidfood is at the forefront of the foodservice market in New Zealand, offering an exceptional customer experience driven by passion, commitment, innovation and expertise. Bidfood recognises those who thrive on using their initiative and delivering a high quality service. We believe these people are the absolute key to the success of Bidfood.
We are looking for an experienced storeperson to join our hard-working night shift team, based in Richmond. Our nightshift operates 6 nights a week Some flexibility around working hours is required as we respond to changing business needs, ie: additional hours as required.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a history of reliability as this is key to the success of our business.
This position requires individuals to be physically fit as there is frequent heavy lifting of up to 25kg.
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent written and spoken English and numerical skills
- The ability to work unsupervised
- Truck loading
- Experience working in a food distribution or similar warehouse environment
- No criminal convictions
- Must provide 2 contactable references
- Accurately picking and loading dry, chilled & frozen foodservice stock for our delivery vehicles
- Maintaining a clean and tidy warehouse
- Assisting with other duties in the night operation where needed
- Working & communicating with fellow team members
• Stable employment and hours - minimum 40 hours per week
• Attendance allowance for each shift worked.
• Staff buying privileges after 3 months of service
Applicants must be able to provide references, agree to security checks and will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test and health check. This is an excellent career opportunity to join a stable, constantly growing, highly respected company within the hospitality industry.
If this sounds like you, please apply, with a copy of your resume and a cover letter.